TaylorMade’s Jason Day wins RBC Canadian Open with R15 Driver, RSi TP Irons and adipower Boost Footwear
What You Need To Know:
- Day’s win with the R15 driver is the 13th for TaylorMade drivers in the full calendar 2014-15 PGA TOUR season (fifth for the R15). Day plays his R15 460 driver at 10.5* (set to lower) with a Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 70x shaft. He has his weights centered for maximum distance. He averaged over 330 yards off the tee this week.
- With 70 (44.9% of the field), TaylorMade had more than double the amount of drivers in play than the next closest manufacturer.
- Day’s victory is the fourth for TaylorMade’s new Tour Preferred EF wedge. He recently switched to a 47*, 52* & 60* combination in the Tour Grind after previously playing the ATV Grind.
- After playing the RSi 2 through the season’s first major, Day switched into the RSi TP irons, which he recently re-shafted with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
- Day plays the Tour Preferred X ball with the number 87; the year he was born. Long off the tee with superior greenside spin, Tour Preferred balls deliver unrivaled performance.
- Day wears adidas Golf’s adipower Boost footwear, the first golf shoe with the cushioning, responsiveness and energy return of Boost foam technology
In Day’s Winning Bag:
R15 460 Driver 10.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 70x)
AeroBurner HL Fairway – 16.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 80x)
RSi TP Irons – 3-9, PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X7)
Tour Preferred EF Wedge (Tour Grind) 47*, 52* & 60*
TaylorMade Ghost Spider IB Putter
Tour Preferred X Golf Ball
adidas Golf adipower Boost Footwear
adidas Golf Climalite 3-stripe pant
adidas Golf Climachill heather solid polo
Tour Preferred Glove
TaylorMade New Era Tour 39Thirty hat